J. Sanders Construction, Inc. - the new owner of Stonehouse Golf Club - has substantially invested itself towards restoring the golf course to its former glory and rebuilding the strong golf community it previously enjoyed. You will see the progress of our renovations through this website showing it's poor condition prior and the incredible transformation work performed up to our grand re-opening July 4th, 2019.
501 Bar & Grill Renovations
The Clubhouse and Pro Shop buildings have undergone extensive remodeling and repairs. We're proud to announce that the 501 Bar & Grill at Stonehouse is NOW OPEN and serving members and the public. The 501 Bar & Grill at Stonehouse features casual fare, as well as an evening dinner menu. CALL (757) 794-3112 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Golf Course Renovations
The golf course itself had been almost completely taken over by wild vegetation during its previous decline and dormant period. It had lost all of its greens, tee boxes were bare and shrubs and weeds had taken over the fairways and sand traps.
The new owners of Stonehouse Golf Club have undertaken a monumental task of restoring the golf course to its brand new condition by conducting the following:
- Complete removal of all wild vegetation growth and weeds from the tee boxes, fairways, sand traps and greens;
- Clean, repair and landscape all course cart trails;
- Re-turf or re-sod damaged fairways and re-seeded the greens;
- Rebuild all course sand traps;
- Reconstruct hole signs and tee markers;
- Re-build the driving range;
- New bag holders and other course accessories;